Tuesday, August 30, 2011

You have GOT to be kidding me......

WOW! So we had our "first practice session" last night via the OSA Fundamentals Clinic last night as I had planned, thinking that the girls would get more out of it than I felt I could provide them on my own. I think I counted about 65 little kids from 4-6 years old and there were only 2 players coaching the clinic. Don't get me wrong, the guys made a valiant effort, but there is absolutely no way 2 people can coordinate that many small children effectively. I think that with the help of a few parents we can achieve a more productive practice session on our own so it looks like we'll be skipping the clinic in the future.

On a brighter note after last night, along with all of the research I've been doing on my own, I actually feel very confident that I can provide a coaching environment that, while not producing a world cup level team, will be able to lay ground work for the girls to build skills that should be helpful if they continue to pursue football as a sport, and if they don't.....well I think they're going to have a lot of fun and that's really the only thing that actually matters in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment