Friday, August 26, 2011

So this is how the story begins...

We tried to get my daughter Cassie into soccer last year but her birthday in December was beyond the cutoff so we had to wait and sign her up THIS year instead. We bought her her own ball and shin guards and she has been avidly looking forward to this ALL YEAR LONG!!! Well I guess a week or so ago the club called my wife to let her know that they were one team too many, and one coach too few and unfortunately Cassie is on the team without a coach. If they don't find someone to coach it by Sunday, my little girl and 5 others just like her will be told they won't get to play after all. Completely ignoring the fact that MY daughter has been looking forward to this for MONTHS, that's just not fair to the 5 other little girls who may or may not have been looking forward to it just as long or even longer. So after talking things over with the wife, and seriously thinking things over myself, it looks like we'll be at a coaching clinic Sunday and attending the coaches orientation meeting afterwards.

Hi! My name is Charles, and apparently I'm going to be an Odessa Soccer Association Girls U5 Soccer Coach! May god have mercy on my soul.....this should get interesting quick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment